Sunday, February 20, 2011

Black Bear Farm Family

Marty, Watson and Clancy,
Black Bear Farm, Winter 2009
        This is Marty, he is the guy that I argue with about how to get things done around Black Bear Farm. Sitting on his lap is Watson, named for Alexander Bell's assistant....("Watson, can  you hear me?") . He is three, and came to us as a kitten. We wanted to give him a smart name, so that we would have a smart cat. Marty and I agree that the cat is the smartest creature on Black Bear Farm, including us.

        Seated next to them is Clancy, who is a farm dog. People want to know his breed. It's "farm dog". Simple, right?? Clancy originated as a Cherry Valley Farm Dog, when I lived in a stone house on Bossardsville Road with Dale, Zach, Libby and Cassie. Cassie named Clancy for Kyle Clancy, the snowboarder. Clancy's birthday is in March, like Marty's, and he will be eleven this year. Holy Moses, Clance, you and I have traveled some miles together.............

1 comment:

  1. In my best Eddie Albert "Farm livin is the life for me". The only thing I have better than him is I don't have to climb a pole to use the phone!

    ReplyDelete